2020年12月21日 10:31 AM #1494Bonita Petties
Everest – The First Ascent
How a Champion of Science Helped to Conquer the Mountain
by Harriet Tuckey
- Publisher: Lyons Press
- Format: hardcover, 424 pages
- ISBN: 9780762791927 (0762791926)
- Release date: May 21, 2013
- Language: english
- Genres: biography, history, mountaineering, adventure, travel, outdoors, science, sports, climbing
- Author: Harriet Tuckey
- First published: January 1, 2013
- Awards: Banff Mountain Book Award for Mountain and Wilderness Literature – Nonfiction (The Jon Whyte Award) (2013), Boardman Tasker Prize for Mountain Literature (2013), Samuel Johnson Prize for Non-Fiction Nominee for Longlist (2013)
About The Book
Banff Award for Mountain and Wilderness Literature
The British Sportsbook Award for Outstanding General Sports Writing
The Boardman Tasker Prize for Mountain Literature
Finalist for the HW Fisher Biographer’s Prize
Harriet Tuckey’s book is both the history of what went into the first successful ascent of Mt. Everest in 1953 and a biography of her father, Dr Griffith Pugh, whose role was absolutely pivotal, yet mostly untold. As the expedition’s physiological consultant, Pugh designed almost every aspect of the survival strategy for the expedition, the acclimatization program, the oxygen- and fluid-intake regime, the diet, the clothing and the high altitude boots. Without him and his work, the ascent of Everest would have been impossible.
Online ebook Everest – The First Ascent Harriet Tuckey buy. PDF book Everest – The First Ascent read online Android on Book Depository. Hardcover Everest – The First Ascent by Harriet Tuckey on Amazon.
EPUB book Everest – The First Ascent download on Mac. FB2 Everest – The First Ascent download. MP3 ebook Everest – The First Ascent Harriet Tuckey for PC on Books-a-Million.